Greetings CHS music community, below is an updated schedule for the week of September 17th through 24th!
There are some changes including a slightly altered football game schedule. Please look for an email from our new Vice President of Volunteers, Ms. Andrea Ellison. That email will contain information about volunteering and food donations for football games. Soon we will have a new website with an updated Google Calendar that will include every extra-curricular event. Thanks for your patience as I get caught up on logistics. For now, I'll keep emailing you schedule updates.
Thursday, 9/20, Home Football Game vs. Northwood
- No rehearsal!
- 5 pm Football Game Call Time @ Rant's Stadium
- After the Game: Front Ensemble, Battery, and Tuba section return to CHS to unload equipment!
- Students wear a band shirt or black shirt AND uniform attire (black gym shorts, black socks, long hair in a pony tail or bow).
- This football game will be our first ever Middle School Night! Students from Tetzlaff and Carmenita will play pep tunes with us in the stands! Section leaders will run group warm-ups to create a bridge and mentorship with the 8th graders.
- The Regiment of Gold will perform the first two movements of our field show 'Phases'!
Friday, 9/21, Rehearsal Added!
- 3-5:30 pm - Normal 7th period Rehearsal.
- Consistent with how Mr. Trost handled Thursday night Football games, I have added rehearsal during 7th period on Friday. I apologize for the late notice.
- We will be learning the music to Phase 3 of our field show!
Saturday, 9/22, Full-Day Rehearsal
- 10 am - 5 pm: Regularly scheduled, two blocks of three hours each.
- Students only have one (1) hour of lunch on these days, please plan accordingly.
Monday, 9/24, Donation #2 Due - $310
- Make checks payable to CHS (Cerritos High School)
- Include on the check: Student Name and ID#
- Your continued support is necessary for us to maintain a high quality music program.
Many thanks in advance,