Greetings CHS Music Community! I hope everyone is catching some quality relaxation this summer. If you have been recently added to this email list, I have attached the Summer/Fall Schedule, Financial Information.
Follow CHS Music on Facebook www.facebook.com/CerritosHSMusic
June Workshop - Monday 6/24 ~ Friday 6/28 - 2 to 6 pm (Summer & Fall 2019 Schedule)
It's time to get the 2019 Regiment of Gold season underway! Next week we'll be learning movement, choreography, and music to apply to our Fall show entitled Unless... While the season may seem far away, these workshops are the time for us to get ahead of the competition and solidify our roster. Meet at the CHS Band Room off the Bloomfield Parking Lot.
*What to Bring*
- Wear: gym shorts/pants, t-shirt, HAT, athletic shoes & socks (Vans OK), sunscreen (no jeans, or constrictive pants).
- Drink: Half Gallon Water Jug with water inside (no soda, juice, gatorade).
- Equipment: Instrument, 3-ring binder with protective sheets, reeds, valve oil, mouthpiece.
*Parent Help Needed*
We're in need of a few parents to help take attendance on Monday 6/24, from 1:30 to 2:30 pm. It will be a quick and easy job that helps me quite a bit. Please email me here if you can help for an hour!
Financial Donation - $300 - Due Monday!
The Regiment of Gold has a reputation of excellence in large part to the financial support of it's member families. Unless we continue that support we won't be able to fund our season. Thank you in advance for supporting your student's involvement.
Students make sure to submit these payments to the lockbox in the band room and not left in your backpack.
*Checks can be made to CHSMB (Cerritos High School Music Boosters).
2019/2020 Athletic Packets Due!
Please take the time to complete the entire packet to save yourself the headache of a returned packet later. Furthermore, these packets must be submitted to Mrs. Acosta in the main office (not to me)! If you don't have a primary care physician, the Athletic Office recommends Dr. Ken Iwaki for sports physicals; information below.
Dr. Ken Iwaki
11700 E. Artesia Blvd.
Artesia, CA 90701
Rubio's Family Dinner - Thursday, June 27th, 5-9 pm - Click here for Flyer
We will host a monthly Family Dinner at different locations throughout Cerritos. June's dinner will be at Rubio's Grill at the Towne Center (12751 Towne Center Drive - Cerritos, CA 90703). The flyer is attached. Please present the flyer when ordering and tell them that you support CHS Music! No need to dine-in, to-go and catering orders work too (no online orders).
Students have a great opportunity to raise money towards Fall band by pre-selling vouchers and signing up to work shifts at our Fireworks Booth! This is the easiest way to earn credit, so take advantage!
- Mrs. Theresa Ritchie will be outside the band room every rehearsal day (June 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 10, 11) from 4:15 to 5 pm. This way you can easily pick-up vouchers to sell or exchange the money for more vouchers. For every $20 voucher sold will earn you $5 towards Fall. In the past, people have paid for their entire Marching Band season using this fundraiser! Students, what can you achieve?
Our fireworks booth will be located in the 7-11 parking lot on the corner of South and Norwalk (12224 South St., Artesia, CA). This is an excellent location that continues to be successful. Adults 18 years or older may work shifts at our booth to earn credit for their students. You may sign-up for shifts by following this link <https://www.signupgenius.com/go/70a0d4bacaa2aa5ff2-fireworks>.
*Contact Mrs. Ritchie*
If you can't meet with Mrs. Ritchie after rehearsal or if you have questions about anything, you can call or email her directly!
- (714) 351-1727
DCI @ The Rose Bowl - Organize Your Ride!
Are you attending Drum Corps at the Rose Bowl on Saturday June 29th? Be sure to organize your ride or carpool to and from the stadium. <https://www.dci.org/events/2019-drum-corps-at-the-rose-bowl>
* Mr. Reider will be waiting at the front gate with your tickets from 4:00 to 5:00 pm.
* The Rose Bowl takes time to drive to with traffic, park, and then walk to the stadium. Please plan accordingly. I will be entering the stadium at 5:00 pm...
See you on Monday!
- Mr. Reider