Graduation Performance Info - Wednesday 6/12
Graduation is the biggest audience we will have all year! It is an excellent opportunity to share our musical achievements with district officials, school administration, and families from all over the world!
- 12:05 pm - School Day ends.
- 2:00 - Percussion Call Time @ Gahr Band Room.
- 2:30 - Call Time @ Rant's Stadium. Sound Check. Seniors do not need to be present for this.
- 3:45 - Break.
- 5:45 - Return to Rant's Stadium Band-Stand (Enter through the gym & show your red wristband)!
- 6:15 - Senior Report to Band Stand.
- 6:30 - Perform Pre-Amble!
- 6:50 - Seniors Return to Pre-Staging Area.
- 7:00 - Ceremony Begins.
- Dismissal after all equipment returned to Gahr Band Room.
Graduation Attire (everyone - Red Wristbands!)
- White Buttoned & Collared Shirt, No Tie (no polo shirts or t-shirts).
- Black Pants (no denim).
- Black Shoes (black tennis shoes OK).
- White Blouse Top with Shoulder Coverage (no straps/strapless or t-shirts).
- Black bottoms, pants or dress/skirt (must be at least knee-length).
- Black shoes (black tennis shoes OK).
Drum Corps International @ the Rose Bowl! Saturday, June, 29th - $20 due Monday 6/10
The big DCI show at the Rose Bowl brings many of the country's best drum corps into town. Never seen a professional marching group? Check out this video clip of the Blue Devils from last year's season.
Tickets will be $20 per person, adult or student, with a strict due date of Monday, June 10th. Students will need to find their own rides to and from the Rose Bowl. We will not be taking a bus as a group.
I strongly urge everyone to attend! This is the marching band activity at the highest level in the world! Watching these professional groups paints an excellent picture for what we try to accomplish in the Fall.
Checks payable to CHSMB (Cerritos High School Music Boosters).
Students have a great opportunity to raise money towards Fall band by pre-selling vouchers and signing up to work shifts at our Fireworks Booth! This is the easiest way to earn credit, so take advantage!
- Mrs. Theresa Ritchie will be outside the band room every rehearsal day (June 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 10, 11) from 4:15 to 5 pm. This way you can easily pick-up vouchers to sell or exchange the money for more vouchers. For every $20 voucher sold will earn you $5 towards Fall. In the past, people have paid for their entire Marching Band season using this fundraiser! Students, what can you achieve?
Our fireworks booth will be located in the 7-11 parking lot on the corner of South and Norwalk (12224 South St., Artesia, CA). This is an excellent location that continues to be successful. Adults 18 years or older may work shifts at our booth to earn credit for their students. You may sign-up for shifts by following this link <https://www.signupgenius.com/go/70a0d4bacaa2aa5ff2-fireworks>.
*Contact Mrs. Ritchie*
If you can't meet with Mrs. Ritchie after rehearsal or if you have questions about anything, you can call or email her directly!
- (714) 351-1727
Summer & Fall Schedule 2019
Attached is the most up-to-date calendar for June through November. The biggest things to notice; June & July workshop times are from 2-6 pm and a slight change in rehearsals once school begins. During the Fall semester weekdays we will rehearse on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays from 3:00 to 6:00 pm. This gives students an extra weekday to focus on academics and take care of any other personal responsibilities (doctors appointments, tutoring, etc...). We will make up for it by adding an extra half-hour to each weekday rehearsal and by adding 2 extra Saturday rehearsals during the season. The staff and I agree that this will help students achieve a better balance between the rigor of academics and the hustle of marching band season. Please mark your calendars now to avoid any rehearsal conflicts.
Regiment of Gold Contributions 2019
Also attached is the monetary letter for this season. Notice that the first due date is coming up soon, Monday, June 24th! It takes a good deal of support from its members for a marching band to be competitive. One of the main reasons that the Regiment of Gold has a tradition of excellence is because past families have taken ownership of the financial responsibility. Fundraising opportunities are available, such as the Fireworks Sales happening now! This years contributions will pay for the Fresno Championships Trip, your student's costume, feeding students at competitions, and much more.
It has been a year of growth. Thanks for all of your support!
- Mr. Reider