Greetings everyone! It's hard to believe that the marching season is over. I was simply awestruck by the showing of compassion and support you all gave at last Sunday's showcase! Finals being cancelled was extremely unfortunate, but to have over 500 friends, family, and supporters come to the showcase was truly special for the students. Endless thanks to the coaching staff for your dedication to the CHS ROG, to the booster parents for your tireless behind-the-scenes efforts, and to CHS Principal
Mr. Walker for strongly supporting the music program and making the Sunday Showcase a reality!
I do my best to keep these updates brief so you can stay current with the program without needing to read a laborious newsletter. Now that marching season is over the updates will be less frequent, but continue to look for a developing online and social media presence. If you have any questions, I suggest you reply with a separate email and a concise subject title. Simply replying to this mass email can easily get lost or overlooked.
Thanks for reading and Happy Holidays!
- Mr. Reider
New Concert Season Rehearsal Schedules!
Get out your concert season instruments and prepare for a great semester of music repertoire! We will be starting these new schedules this week, so adjust accordingly!
- Concert Band (winds only) - Monday, Wednesday, & Thursday: 3:00-4:30 pm.
- CHS Percussion Ensemble (front ensemble only) - Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday: 3:00-4:30 pm.
- CHS Drumline (battery only) - Monday, Wednesday, Thursday: 3:00 - 4:30 pm.
- Lunch Time Jazz Band - Friday: 3-4:30 pm (no lunch time rehearsals).
- CHS Winter Guard - Monday & Thursday - 3:00 - 7:00 pm (audition info below).
Payments, Fundraisers, and Checks, oh my!
- San Francisco Performance Trip 1st Payment - $100 - Due Tomorrow (Monday, 11/26).
Checks made out to 'Forum Music Festivals'.
- See's Candy Fundraiser - Due by Friday, 11/30! Checks made out to 'CHS Band'.
- Photo Orders - Due Thursday, 11/29. Checks made out to 'Visual Sports Network' and turned into the photographer on Photo Day.
Photo Day - Thursday, 11/29 - 3-5 pm
- We will be walking to Heritage Park during 7th period for the photo shoot.
- More order forms are available on the rack near my office.
- Checks are made out to 'Visual Sports Network' and turned into the photographer on Photo Day.
- Do not turn in these order forms to me, the lockbox, or a booster.
Winter Guard Auditions!
- Thursday 12/6 & Monday 12/10
- 3-6 pm
- Wear athletic clothing!
1st Annual Winter Fest! Wednesday, 12/19, 7 pm - $5
- Lunch Time Jazz Band
- CHS Concert Choir
- CHS Percussion Ensemble
- Leal Elementary Combined Band!
- Free Hot Cocoa & Popcorn Afterwards!