San Francisco Trip Payments Due!
Get your down payment of $100 turned in! We'll be attending a concert at Miner Auditorium, touring a distinguished college campus, perform on a professional stage, visiting California's Great America Amusement Park, and much more!
See's Candy Orders Due This Friday!
To receive your order before Christmas, you must submit by this Friday 11/30!
Photo Day Cancelled
Due to the high probability of rain tomorrow, I had to cancel photo day. I will be rescheduling the photo session and letting you know as soon as possible. Hang on to your checks and order forms!
Thursday 11/29 Rehearsal Cancelled
Since we have a low occupancy rating in our band room, the group must rehearse outside... Since it will be raining tomorrow, we can not have rehearsal. The theater is currently unavailable as well.
On a positive note, our first two rehearsals in concert season have gone very well. I'm really excited to hear the progress of our music department.
Students not continuing with 7th period Band MUST have a parent sign a Withdrawal Permit!
To the students joining a sport or moving in a different direction, you must submit a Withdrawal Form to the counseling office! Otherwise you will continue to be marked absent and graded as if you were still in 7th period. I have the 'Withdrawal Form' in my office; please come see me at snack or lunch. When you submit the form your grade will be frozen and you will no longer be on the attendance roster.
December Booster Board Meeting Cancelled
The board meeting scheduled for Tuesday, December 11th has been cancelled. Meetings will resume in January.
Jazz Band Friday!
Jazz band rehearsals will continue on Fridays from 3-4:30 pm!
- Mr. Reider
Greetings everyone! It's hard to believe that the marching season is over. I was simply awestruck by the showing of compassion and support you all gave at last Sunday's showcase! Finals being cancelled was extremely unfortunate, but to have over 500 friends, family, and supporters come to the showcase was truly special for the students. Endless thanks to the coaching staff for your dedication to the CHS ROG, to the booster parents for your tireless behind-the-scenes efforts, and to CHS Principal
Mr. Walker for strongly supporting the music program and making the Sunday Showcase a reality!
I do my best to keep these updates brief so you can stay current with the program without needing to read a laborious newsletter. Now that marching season is over the updates will be less frequent, but continue to look for a developing online and social media presence. If you have any questions, I suggest you reply with a separate email and a concise subject title. Simply replying to this mass email can easily get lost or overlooked.
Thanks for reading and Happy Holidays!
- Mr. Reider
New Concert Season Rehearsal Schedules!
Get out your concert season instruments and prepare for a great semester of music repertoire! We will be starting these new schedules this week, so adjust accordingly!
- Concert Band (winds only) - Monday, Wednesday, & Thursday: 3:00-4:30 pm.
- CHS Percussion Ensemble (front ensemble only) - Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday: 3:00-4:30 pm.
- CHS Drumline (battery only) - Monday, Wednesday, Thursday: 3:00 - 4:30 pm.
- Lunch Time Jazz Band - Friday: 3-4:30 pm (no lunch time rehearsals).
- CHS Winter Guard - Monday & Thursday - 3:00 - 7:00 pm (audition info below).
Payments, Fundraisers, and Checks, oh my!
- San Francisco Performance Trip 1st Payment - $100 - Due Tomorrow (Monday, 11/26).
Checks made out to 'Forum Music Festivals'.
- See's Candy Fundraiser - Due by Friday, 11/30! Checks made out to 'CHS Band'.
- Photo Orders - Due Thursday, 11/29. Checks made out to 'Visual Sports Network' and turned into the photographer on Photo Day.
Photo Day - Thursday, 11/29 - 3-5 pm
- We will be walking to Heritage Park during 7th period for the photo shoot.
- More order forms are available on the rack near my office.
- Checks are made out to 'Visual Sports Network' and turned into the photographer on Photo Day.
- Do not turn in these order forms to me, the lockbox, or a booster.
Winter Guard Auditions!
- Thursday 12/6 & Monday 12/10
- 3-6 pm
- Wear athletic clothing!
1st Annual Winter Fest! Wednesday, 12/19, 7 pm - $5
- Lunch Time Jazz Band
- CHS Concert Choir
- CHS Percussion Ensemble
- Leal Elementary Combined Band!
- Free Hot Cocoa & Popcorn Afterwards!
Trunk or Treat!
Many thanks to all the parents who got involved with Halloween's Trunk or Treat! We have over 20 decorated cars and the students had a blast!
Water Donations Needed!
- To finish off the season we'll need 24 cases of mini water bottles (8 oz) donated! To keep the student's hydrated at competitions well use 1,100 mini water bottles!
- 20 gallons also needed for food preparation at Trabuco Hills HS. 1 gallon jugs will help us keep water hot for ramen.
- Please help us out by donating a case or gallon and dropping it off at the band room :)
Rehearsals Ending Earlier for Remainder of Season
Due to daylight savings time, we are ending weekday rehearsals slightly earlier. Today students were dismissed at 5:10 pm.
Rehearsal on Monday, 11/12, 10 am - 5 pm
Friendly reminder about out Veteran's Day rehearsal next week. Our last push to finals will begin with a full-day rehearsal. Students will have an hour for lunch.
Trabuco Hills H.S. Competition
Come support us loud and proud at our last So. Cal. performance!
Please review with your student! If you're planning on picking your student up in Bakersfield, please send me a separate email indicating who will be picking up the student on Sunday night. I must have advanced notice. The time in which you can take your student will depend on our Sunday itinerary. We will need to handle that on a case-by-case basis.
- Mr. Reider