It's hard to believe that we're already in the last week of September! The Regiment of Gold is making daily strides in their performance; I'm excited for our first show at Ayala HS on August 13th!
Donation #2 - $310 - Due Today!
Thank you for the continued financial support! Because of your contributions we can do things like provide a top notch coaching staff for our students.
T-Shirt Orders Due this Friday 9/28!
We finally have our T-Shirts ready for order! See the design in the attachments below! The attached order form is for family, friends, relatives, pets, neighbors, and all supporters of CHS Music (students have already paid for their shirt with your contribution)! The cost is $20 each. Indicate the number of each size being ordered in the corresponding box, then write the total below. Make sure to write your Student ID# on the check AND the order form! All orders due this Friday, September 28th!
Back To School Night Performance - Tuesday 9/25
The Regiment of Gold musicians will be performing the first two movements of our field show at the Back to School Night opening ceremony! Students will rehearse until 5:30 pm and then move directly to the West Gym to set-up for the performance at 6 pm. After, they will return their equipment to the band room and be free to leave. The CHS Music Boosters will be hosting concessions for the evening and we still need a few volunteers to help! Stop by to lend a hand or grab a bite to eat.
Booster By-Laws Approved and Executive Board in Place!
Congratulations and thank you to everybody involved in creating the Cerritos High School Music Boosters! I am thrilled to be working with dedicated parents as we continue the tradition of having one of the best music program experiences available. Public board meetings are every 2nd Tuesday of the month at 6:30 pm in the CHS Band Room. The next General Membership meeting will be on Monday, November 5th at 6:30 pm, in the Band Room.
Homecoming & First Competition in Less Than 3 Weeks!
Our first show at Ayala High School is coming up quick! We're currently slated to perform at 7:10 pm on Saturday, October 13th. I will be sending out the tentative itinerary with next week's update.
Start making your homecoming dance travel plans now!
Keep your instrument tuned up!
Just like when a vehicle needs an oil change, instruments also need regular maintenance to function properly and avoid expensive damage. I strongly suggest taking it to a professional for a chemical clean and mechanical adjustments. Simply give the store a call to ask when you can schedule an appointment at a time when student's won't need the instrument for rehearsal and let them know when you need the instrument returned. Below is a list of local music stores; or take it back to the location you rented from.
- Bellflower Music ~ (562) 867-6715
- Morey's Music ~ (562) 420-9532
- Long Beach Woodwinds and Brass ~ (562) 421-0509
Power to Cerritos!
- Mr. Reider
- Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, & Thursday: 3-5:30 pm
- 27th M. Monetary Donation #1 Due - $410
- 15th Sa. 10-5 pm Saturday Rehearsal #1
- 20th Th. 6 pm Football Game vs. Northwood H.S.
- 22nd Sa. 10-5 pm Saturday Rehearsal #2
- 24th M. Monetary Donation #2 Due - $310
- 29th Sa. 10-5 pm Saturday Rehearsal #3
- 6th Sa. 10-5 pm Saturday Rehearsal #4
- 12th F. 6 pm Homecoming Football Game vs. Pioneer H.S.
- 13th Sa. All Day Competition @ Ayala H.S.
- 20th Sa. All Day Competition @ Riverside Community College
- 22nd M. Monetary Donation #3 Due - $100
- 26th F. 6 pm Football Game vs. Artesia
- 27th Sa. All Day Competition @ Long Beach City College
- 10 Sa. All Day Competition @ Trabuco Hills H.S.
- 16th ~ 18th F. ~ Su. WBA Championship Weekend!
● Without your financial contributions we could not offer our students the top-notch experience that the Regiment of Gold is known for.
● WBA Championship Weekend is a field trip with overnight stays. Please keep that entire three days clear.
● Detailed itineraries will be disbursed closer to the events, posted on a Google Calendar, and day-of announcements will be made through the Remind.com app.
Greetings CHS music community, below is an updated schedule for the week of September 17th through 24th!
There are some changes including a slightly altered football game schedule. Please look for an email from our new Vice President of Volunteers, Ms. Andrea Ellison. That email will contain information about volunteering and food donations for football games. Soon we will have a new website with an updated Google Calendar that will include every extra-curricular event. Thanks for your patience as I get caught up on logistics. For now, I'll keep emailing you schedule updates.
Thursday, 9/20, Home Football Game vs. Northwood
- No rehearsal!
- 5 pm Football Game Call Time @ Rant's Stadium
- After the Game: Front Ensemble, Battery, and Tuba section return to CHS to unload equipment!
- Students wear a band shirt or black shirt AND uniform attire (black gym shorts, black socks, long hair in a pony tail or bow).
- This football game will be our first ever Middle School Night! Students from Tetzlaff and Carmenita will play pep tunes with us in the stands! Section leaders will run group warm-ups to create a bridge and mentorship with the 8th graders.
- The Regiment of Gold will perform the first two movements of our field show 'Phases'!
Friday, 9/21, Rehearsal Added!
- 3-5:30 pm - Normal 7th period Rehearsal.
- Consistent with how Mr. Trost handled Thursday night Football games, I have added rehearsal during 7th period on Friday. I apologize for the late notice.
- We will be learning the music to Phase 3 of our field show!
Saturday, 9/22, Full-Day Rehearsal
- 10 am - 5 pm: Regularly scheduled, two blocks of three hours each.
- Students only have one (1) hour of lunch on these days, please plan accordingly.
Monday, 9/24, Donation #2 Due - $310
- Make checks payable to CHS (Cerritos High School)
- Include on the check: Student Name and ID#
- Your continued support is necessary for us to maintain a high quality music program.
Many thanks in advance,