Huge thank you to Theresa Ritchie and everyone who volunteered at the fireworks booth this past holiday! Because of your dedication, this was the most successful Fireworks Booth that the CHS music program has held! The money earned will help pay for things like building our field show props and fixing our scissor lift. Furthermore, thanks to all of you for showing up at our monthly restaurant nights! These add up to make a big difference.
Athletic Packet Clearance - Admin. Availability
Mrs. Acosta will be available from 9-10 am this Thursday and Friday (7/25 & 26). There are still a few students that need to get this done by band camp.
Band Camp Hours, Parent Meeting, & Show n' Tell
Thanks for your patience with the hours for band camp. It has taken some time to coordinate with all of our staff.
- Band Camp hours for August 12-16 & 19-23 will be from 11:00 am to 6:00 pm; with an hour for lunch from 2:00-3:00 pm. This includes color guard!
- Wednesday, August 14th, will have a unique schedule for us to perform at the freshman orientations. 7:30 am Call Time, 10:30-11:45 am Lunch, 3:30 Dismiss.
- The Parent Meeting will be on Friday, August 23rd at 5:30 pm with the Show n' Tell at 6:30 pm. We will be discussing the Fall Schedule, fundraisers, program expectations, and beyond.
- Friday, August 23rd will add an hour to accommodate the Show n' Tell performance (11am - 7 pm).
... make the world go 'round. Thank you to everyone who has contributed and for your continued support. I can't stress enough the importance of financial support from member families to alleviate the cost of music, coaches, costumes, show design, transportation, hotel rooms in Fresno; and the list goes on... Receipts for the June contribution have been dispersed to students. These are tax deductible! please ask your student before they got lost in the blackhole of backpacks! The second payment of $300 is due this week. Checks can be made out to CHSMB. Checks do not need to be put in an envelope, but must have the student's name on it. Thank you once again for supporting your student's experience.
The Regiment of Gold is hard at work on the first movement of our 2019 production Unless. As I type this email I am listening to the percussion work through some challenging parts. The hornline can play through the entire first movement from memory! It is a blessing I am to be in such a great community with motivated students. I am sincerely looking forward to this school year in CHS Music!
Booster Board Meetings
The CHS Music Booster Board meets on every 2nd Tuesday of the month at 6:30 pm in the Band Room. By virtue of having a student in the music program, you are a booster! You don't have to be a board member to attend the meetings. Get involved!
The next update will have information about T-Shirts, Band Jackets, Marching Shoes, color guard equipment, and more! Keep an eye on the google calendar at www.CerritosHSmusic.org for the updated Fall schedule. Follow us on facebook at Facebook.com/CerritosHSmusic.
Thanks for reading!
Quick reminders about July events!
* July Workshop this week (7/22-7/26) from 2-6 pm! Bring a 3-ring binder and protective sheets for music, name tags, a half gallon water jug, hat, and athletic clothes. Students must have Movement 1 and Hooked on a Feeling memorized!
* July Donation of $300 due tomorrow! Our measurements are in and the costume designers are just waiting on payment to put our fabric into production. Let's make it happen!
* Athletic Cards past due! Turn in the completed packet to the Administration Office and then the Stamped Card to me!
* Chipotle Restaurant Night this Tuesday 7/23 from 5-6 pm! Flyer attached (Artesia & Bloomfield)!
Thanks and see you tomorrow!
- Mr. Reider